The “Passarelle” is a landscaped bridge suspended between the crowns of trees rooted in the forest below. At its end, a viewing platform is suspended in the empty space, offering its visitors a 180-degree-panoramic view of Lake Maggiore, the Centovalli and the Maggia Valley.
Even the Romans avoided the immense mass of the Gotthard. The Pass only gained significance around the year 1200, when the Schöllenen Ravine between Göschenen and Andermatt was developed. Today the Gotthard Pass is the most important North-South connection.
The transmission tower of the Swisscom supplies the surrounding area with radio and television programs. The new tower is built on concrete piles with a total height of 196.2 meters, consisting primarily of an upward tapering, prestressed concrete cylinder and a 126-meter-high pipe crown.