Earlier called the «Schwertbrunnen» (‚Sword Fountain‘). In 1535 the wooden fountain was replaced by one of stone. The column is from 1520. It is named after the Moor Kaspar, the youngest of the Three Holy Kings, here represented with curved sword, golden goblet and crested shield. In the vernacular affectionately called «de Mohrejoggeli» (‚Moorish Yokel‘). Peacefully he gazes towards the other end of the Fronwagplatz, where his warlike brother stands on the Metzgerbrunnen. In the last few years the Mohrenbrunnen has been renovated and painted. The original is to be found in the Museum zu Allerheiligen, Schaffhausen.This original fountain figure symbolises the prosperity of the city of Schaffhausen.
The content presented here is provided and updated by regional/local tourist offices, which is why Switzerland Tourism is unable to guarantee the correctness of the contents.