17th century. One of the most grandiose houses of old Schaffhausen, on the site of the old cattle-market. It served until 1608 as a guest house. During remodelling in 1608 into a distinguished town house the late-Gothic façade received some of the splendour of the German Renaissance in the form of bay and portico. The frescoes on the façade show a golden ox as house symbol and personages from Babylonian history and ancient Greece. Above all the heroes of the Trojan war are represented.
The content presented here is provided and updated by regional/local tourist offices, which is why Switzerland Tourism is unable to guarantee the correctness of the contents.