The Zwyssighaus Inn in Bauen received special mention because it was salvaged and carefully restored. Because of this, we now have the well-managed birthplace of Father Alberik Zwyssig, the composer of the Swiss Psalm.
The history of this inn goes as far back as 1364, although the current building structure dates from the 17th century. Between 1990 and 1992 the building was completely renovated in cooperation with the Department for the Preservation of Historic Buildings and Monuments. The 3rd generation of this family-owned guesthouse manages it with much dedication and cultural sensitivity. The halls can accommodate between 20 and 100 guests.
Historic Hotel of the year 2014
Renowned "for the sensitive and resolute care of a historic guesthouse. Talk here is of an authentic and time-honoured establishment, which is part of an amazingly intact ensemble, with strong local roots”.