The castle at Wülfingen was built between 1644 and 1647 by Hartmann Escher. It underwent reconstruction and renovation in 1767. It has operated as a country inn since the 19th century and has been in the hands of the city of Winterthur since 1911.
This hotel is situated at the end of an historic mule track, which is the Ofen Pass road today. After it had stood empty for more than 100 years, the Schweizer family took it over in 1954 and today the second generation of Schweizers runs this hotel. Accompanying authentic food and drink is their home-made South Tyrolean wine. A theatre and the stylish Davidoff Lounge round off the offerings.
Forces Motrices, the imposing cultural center, “swims” in the middle of the Rhone River. Located in the former water works it is today a renovated oasis with theater and opera performances as well as exhibition halls with a capacity of 950 persons.