The magnificent Palazzo was built in the mid-18th century. Following a gentle renovation and a modern extension, this extraordinary historic hotel now offers five rooms for true rest and relaxation. In-house whirlpool, sauna and massage treatments. The village of Comologno was once a meeting point of many artists such as Max Ernst and Elias Canetti. It is idyllically located in the Onsernone Valley above Locarno. Ideal for hiking and mountaineering. The hotel is managed by an innovative and dedicated team.
In the Intyamon valley, the “poya” is the annual ascent of farmers and cattle to the high pastures – a scene depicted in naïve paintings on wood that hang over the cowshed doors of many farms.
The Romans called it Leuca Fortis – “strong Leuk” – and until the 19th century this was one of the ecclesiastical and cultural centres of the Valais. Defiant towers, castles and fine patrician houses bear witness to the former strength, self-confidence and determination of the community. The emblematic Bishop’s Castle (built 1254), town hall, late-gothic St. Stephen’s Church (with its romanesque tower and roman fi replace) and baroque Ringacker Chapel can be seen for miles around.