Chillon Castle is located on a rock on the banks of Lake Geneva. The water castle is the most visited historic building in Switzerland. For nearly four centuries Chillon was the residence and profitable toll station of the Counts of Savoy.
Opened in 1896 by the Badrutt family and still owned by them, this hotel has a legendary reputation. 157 guest rooms including 37 suites enjoy views of the Alps. Delicious meals are served in "Le Restaurant" (15 Gault Millau points), the grand dame of the 6 first-class restaurants. Completely renovated beauty and wellness centre, exclusive shopping gallery, kids club and recreational services for teenagers.
Since the 1970s old farmhouses, stables, bakehouses or barns are no longer demolished when they are due to be replaced by modern buildings. Instead, the buildings are dismantled stone by stone, and rebuilt in the Ballenberg Open Air Museum.
This nostalgic Art Nouveau style building with its Belle Époque atmosphere, already described in Thomas Mann's book "Zauberberg" [Magic Mountain], opened its doors in 1900 as a luxury sanatorium and was later converted to a mountain hotel. The soul of the house, its architecture, has been preserved in its original form until today. The Villa Guarda - formerly the former doctor's residence - and the Chalet exude new splendour with their luxurious suites. With the Schatzalp train, the "Magic Mountain" is just four minutes away from the centre of Davos. Free WLAN access throughout the hotel premises, even in the Schatzalp/Strela skiing area.