Well located hotel on the Monte Verità in the Bauhaus style. Founded by idealistic naturalists and vegetarians, it is still a place of encounter, philosophy and ideas today. Extensive renovations have been carried out in 2008. Restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine, fine dining room and terrace with a gorgeous view.
Steeped in tradition, the International au Lac has been in family hands since 1906 and is the only lakeshore hotel in the historic centre of Lugano to have its own parking garage, garden and swimming pool. It had the honorary title "Historic Hotel" bestowed on it by the ICOMOS jury of UNESCO in 2007 and is now a listed building. Although it has consistently modernized in line with the changing needs of its guests, it has forfeited none of its old world charm.
The history of this inn goes as far back as 1364, although the current building structure dates from the 17th century. Between 1990 and 1992 the building was completely renovated in cooperation with the Department for the Preservation of Historic Buildings and Monuments. The 3rd generation of this family-owned guesthouse manages it with much dedication and cultural sensitivity. The halls can accommodate between 20 and 100 guests.
This old building of over a hundred years has lost none of its former charm and grandeur. Visitors from around the world are enchanted with the nostalgic rooms, the impressive staircase and the sophisticated manner in which this has remained a young hotel. Still run by its founding family, this is a place where aficionados, gourmets, children, artists and nature lovers feel right at home.