- Riggisberg, Gantrisch Nature Park
- Thun, Old Town, castle and cruise on Lake Thun
- Signau as one of the most beautiful villages in the Emmental
- Affoltern i. E., Emmental show dairy including restaurant
- Madiswil, Landgasthof Bären with its magical “bike garden”
heart-warming encountersThe whole of the Heart Route leads from Lausanne to Rorschach right across Switzerland. Between Laupen and Willisau it turns into a romantic journey into the past. This section is the most popular along the 700-kilometre tour, with the ‘royal’ stage leading to the magical panorama at a 600-metre elevation from Thun to Heiligenschwendi. It then dives into the forests of the Eriz, a fairytale landscape which slowly becomes the Emmental. Through lush green hills and pastures, traditional villages, the route continues to Burgdorf and on the Heart Route classic to Willisau.
The careful planning of a tour will ensure that you also derive the maximum pleasure and enjoyment from it. Please take the time to contact the local information centre and enquire about route and weather conditions before setting off. Your intended trail may be fully or partially closed, depending on the time of year and weather conditions.