A landscape of «national park quality», Switzerland’s only national park, mineral water springs and the Engadin Bad Scuol, the top international ski area of Samnaun/Ischgl, a rich Romansh culture and the UNESCO World Heritage Site Convent of St John in Müstair, duty-free shopping and much more. These are just a few of the highlights of the Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair holiday region.
Summer is the time to make the most of the border triangle area with its over 800 km of biking routes and 1,500 km of hiking trails. A dense schedule network makes it easy to explore the entire region. Use of mountain railways, local buses, post buses, the Rhaetian Railway and some spas is even included in the price at some hotels and accommodation venues.
Three completely different snow sports areas attract skiers to the slopes in the Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair holiday region. Top of the list is the largest ski area in the Eastern Alps, the Silvretta Arena Samnaun/Ischgl with its 238 km of pistes, over 40 rail and lift facilities plus the world’s first double-decker cable railway. The ski resort of Motta Naluns Scuol Ftan-Sent boasts 80 km of pistes and family-oriented offerings. A real insider’s tip is the small resort of Minschuns/Val Müstair.
- The only Swiss National Park – thanks to the strict conservation of nature - one is not allowed to leave the hiking paths - ibexes, chamois, marmots, northern hares, lizards and innumerable birds can be observed in the wild.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site Convent of St John – with its magnificent frescoes, this 8th century convent houses the world's largest and best preserved early medieval picture cycles.
- UNESCO Biosphere Reserve Val Müstair Parc Naziunal – the Biosphere Reserve comprises the Swiss National Park as a strictly protected core zone and the Val Müstair, which forms the buffer and transition zones.
- Engadin Bad Scuol plus over 20 mineral water springs – a modern thermal spa with a bathing and sauna landscape, Roman-Irish baths and various wellness and therapy opportunities.
- Duty-free shopping in Samnaun – all year round shrewd shoppers reap the benefits of the only tax-free resort in Switzerland.
- International Spring Snow Festival – celebrate the end of the winter season in Samnaun along with world-famous stars (April).
- National Park Bike Marathon – once around the Swiss National Park on one of Europe’s most scenic bike marathons (August).
- ClauWau – ring in the start of the winter season with the Santa Claus World Championship (November).