Leysin at the foot of the Tour d'Aï which used because of its sun-rich and mild climate to be famous as a health resort for people with lung diseases since the fifties - Club Med opened a holiday club here in 1950 - has developed into an all-year holidary resort. The summer children's activity programme offers treasure hunts, visits to a farm or cheese dairy. And the child-friendliness of the mountain transport facilities finds expression in their price structures.
The village in the Vaud Alps which is at the same altitude as Villars is accessible from Aigle by rack-railway (35-minute journey) or by car via Le Sepey. The excursion possibilities to the Lower Valais and Lake Geneva are varied: Aigle with its medieval castle and Wine and Vine Museum, the salt mines of Bex, a cruise on Lake Geneva, in Le Bouveret the Swiss Vapeur Parc for young railway enthusiasts and the Aquaparc.
250 kilometres of hiking trails, mountain tours and interesting bike tours offer plenty of exercise in the open countryside. Mountaineers find several challenges in the precipitous chalk rock-faces which resemble the Dolomites. The difficult via ferrata at the Tour d'Aï is for experienced mountaineers only.
Nearby Aigle is home of the World-Cycling-Association (UCI). The bike tour through the valley of the Grande Eau down to Aigle to the hub of the cycling world requires a good set of brakes.
The Enzian Park with several medicinal plants is reminiscent of the days when the village was a health resort. The village museum and exhibition "La Fromagerie" cheese dairy convey some of the traditions of mountain and Alpine farming.
The beautiful ski region with 17 lifts and a snowpark with a halfpipe, and ski tours and snow-shoe treks offer skiers and snowboarders ideal opportunities for enjoyment. And there is also a snow sport school, a lit cross-country skiing trail and toboggan run. Additional challenges for skiers and snowboarders are available in the «Glacier 3000» ski area at the Col du Pillon and Les Diablerets. In the small holiday resort of Les Mosses/La Lécherette a family-friendly ski region and lots of space for cross-country skiers awaits.
After racing down the icy slopes of the toboggan park in Leysin, you arrive in the Snow Village to warm up and to restore your strength. Like the toboggan park, it is open whenever the weather and snow conditions allow. You are welcome to come and enjoy a snack in our yurt. In the evening, if ordered in advance, the nostalgics in the Teepee Village can enjoy delicious salmon prepared Lapland-style, a good raclette melted cheese dish or a wapiti sirloin steak. On comfortable reindeer hides, partake in a unique experience in our igloos while enjoying a cheese fondue.
- Berneuse – vantage point and «Le Kuklos» glass revolving restaurant on the Berneuse (2048 metres above sea level) with 360° panorama view of the Valais mountains.
- Snowtube Parc – guarantees a fun, mad and unforgettable experience on one of the biggest snowtube facilities in Europe.
- Les Diablerets and Glacier 3000 – spectacular glacier scape with grand panorama and all-year snow fun.
- Aigle Castle – impressive castle dating from the 12th century and housing the Vaud Wine and Vine Museum.
- Narrow-guage railway network from Aigle and Bex – the lines to Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars/Bretaye provide access to the region without a car of your own.
- Leysin Nescafé Champs Open – world championship for world-elite snowboarders and big get-together (January).
- International dog-sled race in Les Mosses – an air of the deep North: 700 dogs and their mushers compete for the prize (March).
- Leysin Music Panorama – folklore music festival on the Berneuse (June).
- Midsummer festival at Lac Lioson near Les Mosses – happy festival by the mountain lake (August).