Taking a day trip on the GoldenPass Line is in itself like taking a short vacation. Winging you from tradition in Central Switzerland in the morning to French flair on Lake Geneva in the evening – Switzerland is one of a kind and the GoldenPass Line is the most comfortable way to experience it. In the Luzern-Interlaken Express, you’ll cross the Brünig Pass to Interlaken, where you’ll change trains. Your journey continues along the shore of Lake Thun and through the Simmental to Zweisimmen, where you’ll board the GoldenPass Panoramic to Montreux and enjoy the view on to the terraced vineyards of the Lavaux, Switzerland's largest contiguous vineyard area and UNESCO World Heritage Property. For total immersion in railway nostalgia, opt instead for the GoldenPass Classic – a replica of the elegant belle époque trains.
Distance: 191 km
Duration: 5 h 8 min
- Lake Lucerne boat trip – discover Lucerne and its surrounds aboard a boat
- Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe; breathtaking views from the Sphinx lookout and irresistible moments in the Lindt Swiss Chocolate Heaven shop
- Schilthorn – the favourite mountain of 007; Bond World and revolving restaurant Piz Gloria pay homage to the film “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service”
- Rochers-de-Naye – marmots from around the world and Mongolian yurts at 2,000 m
- Chillon Castle – water castle with frescoes, imposing vaults and stately rooms
Dining and WiningMinibar (between Zweisimmen-Montreux) and dining car (between Lucerne-Interlaken Ost)
No refreshments between Interlaken Ost-Zweisimmen
ReservationRecommended for panorama trains
Reservation supplement CHF 8
VIP front seats – reservation compulsory
Reservation supplement CHF 15
Reservation not required for regular scheduled services.
Download exciting and comprehensive information about the "Golden Pass" with highlights as well as the most important facts and figuresBrochure Golden Pass (1.03 MB)