The picturesque Valaisian village of Grimentz belongs to the municipality of Anniviers in the eponymous valley. A tour of the village reveals all of its charms. The Burgher House from 1550 forms the center of the village. By the way, a white glacier wine ripens in old larch wood barrels in the cellar of the burgher house - this wine is a specialty of the erstwhile nomadic farmers.
Grimentz has 100 kilometers of hiking and biking trails that lure people out into the natural landscape. In the glacier forefield of the Moiry-glacier one can observe various geomorphological forms, as well as areas of ice and block glaciers that are covered by a lot of moraine debris. The skiing area ranges up to an altitude of 3000 meters in the winter. The offerings are complemented by a Fun Park, guided tours, cross country ski runs, a toboggan run and winter hiking trails.
Discover the rich variety of fauna and flora on a walk to the Moiry Reservoir. The Moiry Glacier is one of the most spectacular in the Alps. The tongue of the glacier is an impressive witness to the climate change that is occurring at present. Grimentz and the neighbouring village of St. Jean boast more than 100 km of signed mountain bike routes, ranging from an easy beginners’ stretch to the Grand Raid race course.
Adrenaline junkies can prove their courage on a 410-meter long Via Ferrata with a shaky rope bridge and a spectacular Tyrolienne near the Moiry Reservoir Lake.
The Grimentz ski slopes above Bendolla stretch along the Becs de Bosson up to an altitude of almost 3000 metres, affording stunning views over the Val d'Anniviers and Rhone Valley. Other attractions include a fun park, tours, cross-country ski trails, a toboggan run and winter hiking trails.
- Grimentz townscape – an harmonious ensemble of ancient grain stores, barns and new chalet hotels.
- Geranium Path – over 30 aromatic geranium species can be admired on this path.
- Barrage de Moiry – 148-metre-high dam built in 1958, where brave bungy jumpers hurl themselves into the depths.
- Moiry-Gletscher – with its spectacular glacier tongue. There is a magnificent view of the glacier from the Cabane de Moiry, a hut belonging to the Swiss Alpine Club.
- Culinary delights – Edelweiss-Schnaps, glacier wine and AOC rye bread from the old village bakery.
- Folk Music in Grimentz – an annual event for lovers of folk music in the Val d'Anniviers (July).
- Grand Raid – 130 km mountain bike race from Verbier via Veysonnaz, Hérémence and Evolène to Grimentz (August).
- Christmas Market – a delightful market in the old village of Grimentz with various events and surprises (December).