A visit to the Spiez Outdoor Pool and Lake-Shore Swimming Cove, a cruise on Lake Thun or maybe just a stroll along the beautiful lake promenade all make for hours of relaxation. And for the more energetic holiday maker there’s no shortage of fun either – options include kilometres of hiking and biking trails, tennis, mini golf, a fitness course, fishing, a skating rink, windsurfing and sailing.
Culture vultures will be transported back to days of old on a visit to the medieval castle with its thousand-year-old castle church. The art and history of winemaking in Spiez are featured in the museum of viticulture and local history. And to finish up your day of culture try visiting one of the many cultural events on offer, including concerts and the theater.
This is the perfect base for winter sports fans. After all, most of the popular winter sports resorts in the Bernese Oberland are less than one hour away.
And if what you need is a break from the cold and the busyness of the winter period, do take time out and relax with a romantic walk along the shore path to Faulensee while enjoying the first warm rays of the March sun.
- Holiday atmosphere at Europe’s most beautiful bay
- Cruises on Lake Thun
- Spiez Castle with its thousand-year-old castle church
- Fish speciality dishes and fine Spiez wine served at a lakeside restaurant
- 14 km Spiez circular hiking trail with shore path to Faulensee
- Museum of viticulture and local history as part of an old Simmental home
- Leisurely return trip aboard the nostalgic little blue train
- Excursion to the Niesen, with the funicular up the Swiss Pyramid