The old houses and barns of this unspoilt mountain village, located at 1330 m, nestle snugly around the Romanesque church tower. Vercorin can be reached from the Rhone valley by post bus from Sierre or by cable-car from Chalais. There is a little lane leading directly into the Val d'Anniviers (Eifischtal).
Not far from Vercorin is the unique natural treasure of the Vallon de Réchy, an undeveloped valley with virtually no roads or buildings. With its abundance of edelweiss and varied wildlife, this nature conservation area is one of the most unspoilt landscapes of the Central Valais. When Nature slowly begins to prepare for her winter sleep, the stags wake up in the rutting season between September and October, performing a courtship ritual that can be heard from far away.
In this sunny region you can go hiking on over 250 km of footpaths. Seven educational and fun panels along the Marmot Trail beckon visitors to learn the secrets of the rodent. Another popular excursion is to follow the alpine trail from Vercorin to Grimentz in the Val d'Anniviers, a walk which follows the tree-line, with no major differences in altitude.
At the middle station of the Crêt du Midi gondola, Alp Sigeroulaz, there is fun for all the family in the "Adventure Forest", on the rope ladders and suspended bridges of the longest course of its kind in the area. And the "Three Suonen Circuit" to the Sarrasin, Briey and Riccard "Suonen" (irrigation channels) will also get your adrenalin pumping, as you go boldly over rope bridges up to 220 metres long, and across overhanging slopes. For mountain bikers, there are about 170 km of attractive trails around Vercorin. For a change you could also hire a scooter from the Crêt du Midi, or visit the rock climbing area, the sports centre or the paragliding school.
The gondola lift takes skiers and snowboarders up to the Crêt du Midi (2336 m), where they will find 7 ski lifts, 35 km of pistes and a snow park with a half-pipe. For lovers of deep snow, there are separate prepared fields. Sledging runs, three winter hiking trails and 8 snowshoe routes, along with 12.5 km of cross-country skiing tracks, round off the list of winter activities.
- Vallon de Réchy (Réchytal) – a protected valley for hikers and lovers of Nature. Well-known for the roaring of the stags in the rutting season.
- Adventure Forest on the Alp Sigeroulaz – swing, climb and balance from tree to tree in safety in the rope-park above Vercorin.
- Three-Suonen-Loop – this hike at lofty heights leads one along ancient water channels and offers an impressive Tyrolienne. Cross the Niouc Bridge and take a breathtaking rope descent (rapelling only with a mountain guide).
- Agrotourism – on the farm "L'Arche des Crétillons".
- Paragliding – in Vercorin one finds perfect conditions throughout the year for paragliding and hang glider flights.
- Vercojazz – jazz festival with bands from the Valais, the rest of Switzerland and from France (July).
- Dérupe nordic walking race – the walk from Chalais to Vercorin on the old road is a unique challenge with its 800-meter difference in elevation and a length of 6 kilometers (November).