If you take a stroll on a beautiful morning across the town-square of Leuk-City, you will feel transported back to the 16th century. In the alleyways and quiet nooks and crannies you will discover traces of history. A large number of historic buildings - from a Roman fireplace to the medieval Bishops palace - bear witness to Leuk's great past.
Leuk is, of course, also future-oriented. With the vision and the guidance of the world famous architect Mario Botta, the castle of Leuk is being renovated and prepared for new use.
Susten is the gateway to the Pfynwald Nature Reserve, a forest that is the largest contiguous pine forest in central Europe. Its variety of habitats never fails to impress the visitor. In this relatively small region you will find the cold Rotten, as the Upper Rhone is called in Valais, and its gravel covered islands, boiling hot steppes, dry pine forests and primeval alluvial forests, ponds and rough pasture land. More than 100 species of breeding birds are to be found in their natural habitat here, and the region's flora is characterized by an extraordinary variety of plants.
An unforgettable experience is playing golf on the 18-hole golf course, which can be used 9 months of the year - right in the middle of this avifauna.
Whether on the campground, in a hotel, a chalet, or a vacation apartment, Leuk Tourism has much to offer in each category.
- Guided hiking and bird-watching tours in the Pfyn Nature Park
- Hiking area in the Leuk region with over 200 km of marked hiking trails at and altitude between 600 and 2,500 meters above sea level
- Leukerbad Thermal Baths
- Ski Safari Leukerbad, Grimenz, Crans-Montana, Lauchernalp; all can be reached in 40 minutes.
- Bread-baking in Erschmatt
- Fixed rope climbing route in Leukerbad