With its numerous mountain transport facilities, growing number of wellness havens and family-friendly attitude, the idyllic chalet village at the foot of the Wildstrubel in summer and winter is among the most versatile holiday destinations in the Bernese Oberland. And Adelboden is the first destination in Switzerland to have been awarded the Alpine Wellness holiday resort certificate.
In summer the mountain countryside encourages you to slow down and consciously enjoy. Adelboden boasts over 300 kilometres of well-groomed hiking and theme trails (including a wheelchair-passable circular hiking trail), as well as several cycling and mountain biking routes. Traditional mountain farming with Alpine huts and cheese dairies characterise the countryside. Several summer activities provide entertainment for the visitors.
The Adelboden-Frutigen-Lenk ski region is a tempting destination even for top athletes. 72 high-performance transport facilities provide access to a piste network of just over 210 kilometres. Winter hiking on the Adelboden sun terrace, cross-country skiing trails, a snow park, freeride arena, hiking and tobogganing trails invite visitors to explore the Alpine winter world - and several mountain guesthouses and Alpine huts provide the perfect excuse for a well-earned rest. Did you know? The slopes in the Adelboden-Lenk ski area have received the international ski area test quality seal.
- FIS Ski World Cup Adelboden at the Chuenisbärgli – 40,000 ski fans flock to the village by the Wildstrubel each year (January).
- Horäschlittä Renä (horn toboggan race) – about 100 2-person teams guide their «Hornschlitten» (horn togoggans) at top speeds to the finish (February).
- “Chuenis bi Nacht” – race down the original Chuenisbärgli World Cup piste at night with a unique laser and winter sports show to complete the fun. (February).
- Ski Festival in the Adelboden-Lenk ski region – lots of fun and entertainment at the mountain inns and restaurants (March).
- Igloo Festival – enthusiastic igloo lovers come together on Engstligenalp above Adelboden to create a unique village out of ice and snow. (March).
- Alpaufzug Engstligenalp – 350 cows climb up the steep mountain trail which has been carved out of the rock alongside the Engstligen waterfalls to the Alpine pastures for the summer (end of June).
- Swiss Chamber Music Festival – young musicians and famous ensembles fill the village with the most beautiful sounds. (September/October).
- GolfMountain – Europe's highest 18-hole pop-up golf course on Engstligenalp and pure indulgence in the raclette hut (September/October).
SBB RailAway leisure shop
Combined offer: journey using public transport and leisure offer (also for existing tickets) to Adelboden