No other place in the Engadine can boast so many hours of sunshine as Celerina. That the sun-drenched village shines in a special light is also due to the charming village center with its typical Engadine houses.
Thanks to innovative hotels there is always something going on in Celerina – a concert, a party, always small, but always well arranged and therefore attractive. Every August, the New-Orleans Jazz Scene meets here to indulge for three days in good old Jazz from New Orleans. But also visitors who seek peace and quiet will find it: on the plain with its spase forests in whose heart the Stazersee, a supremely romantic lake invites you to take a dip.
The mountain trains at Celerina leading high up offer breathtaking views. Connoisseurs of fine cuisine will find the resort town’s only mountain restaurant on Muottas Muragl, which in the evening invites you to enjoy “Mountain Dining“ and in daytime offers hikers challenging paths with panoramic views of Upper Engadines lakes. Mountainbikers find demanding trails on Corviglia/Marguns, and families with children enjoy themselves on the large playground at the Marguns Mountain Station. Children frolic in the new lakeside splashing pool. The return to Celerina takes place via the Fairytale Trail or down the slope by Trottinett scooter.
The family-friendly ski area of Corviglia/Piz Nair is located above Celerina. Nearby, on Muottas Muragl, sledding and winterhiking rule the day. Cross-country skiers explore the Upper Engadine’s extensive network of trails starting from Celerina. Ice sport fans pursue their skating or curling hobby on Europe’s sunniest rink. If you are looking for an adrenaline rush, you will find it in a taxi bob on the famous Olympic Bob Run.
- Segantini-Museum - dedicated to the painter Giovanni Segantini who spent the final five years of his life in the Engadine
- Celerina New Orleans Jazz Festival – meeting ground of national and international Jazz luminaries (August)
- Cattle descent – Festive procession at the end of the Alpine summer (September)
- Christmas Market (December)
- Sinfonia Konzert – Music of the highest standard presented by the Engadin Symphony Orchestra (December)