Jura & Three-Lakes
Charming black fir tree forests, bluish rivers, deep lakes and green pastures, covered in snow when winter comes, give the Neuchâtel mountains a paradise touch. A very lively watch paradise with human warmth, trendy cities and plenty of temptations!
- Watchmaking: a must in Watch Valley, the Neuchâtel mountains offer a collection of wonders of precision set in the magnificent International Watchmaking Museum in La Chaux-de-Fonds and the Château des Monts Watch Museum in Le Locle. Exclusive brands are today established in the area.
- Architectural heritage: beautiful Neuchâtel farmhouses, a whole lot of dry stones walls, houses designed by Le Corbusier, native of La Chaux-de-Fonds, a geometric city, an Art nouveau touch& as many riches to be discovered.
- Nature in all her finery: the charming and wild banks of the river Doubs, the lake Les Taillères turning into a natural ice rink when winter comes, the Jura range all very round in forms
- Many places of interest ensure a total change of scenery: a journey to the center of the earth in the underground mills of Le Col-des-Roches; a jaunt to the zoological garden "Bois du Petit Château", back to the past with a visit to the museums, and a fairy stroll in the peat bogs of Les Pont-de-Martel
- Sports and leisure: hiking, cycling, mountain biking, swimming, canoeing, hockey playing, skating, rock climbing& The Neuchâtel mountains are merely a paradise for sportsmen.
- Culture: popular events, exciting festivals, friendly "bistrots", lively cultural centers, an Italian-style theaters