Along this road, which leads up to the village Spruga, there are some fantastic villages, built on sunny terraces with an interesting traditional architectural style.
Numerous internationally renowned writers and artists of the past and present found and still find the Valle Onsernone the ideal place for inspiration, thanks to the extraordinary and up to this day intact natural and human surroundings. The natural evocative beauty of this valley is the perfect setting for a hike through its magnificent woods or to the highest mountain peaks.
- Museo Onsernonese Loco - The museum focuses on the valley's emigration history, the straw-weaving industry, transportation, typical costumes and art.
- Cable car Zott-Salei Vergeletto - With its pristine surroundings, the Alpe Salei is a beautiful place to relax in nature and a great starting point for some beautiful hikes.
- Mills, Loco & Vergeletto - These partly restored mills are testimonies of the significant milling activities in the past, one of the oldest sources of sustenance of the valley.
- Farina Bóna - A traditional product of the valley, this very finely ground corn flour from roasted grains is sold at the museum, the mill in Loco and several other sales points.
- Pagliarte Berzona - Stop by this straw-weaving workshop, where visitors can view and buy original creations, including hats and handbags.
- Historical buildings - Surprisingly numerous, these elegant and imposing buildings were mostly commissioned by emigrants who returned home after having made fortunes abroad.