In winter, the extraordinary skiing region offers limitless pleasure for advanced skiers from all over the world as well as for beginners. In summer, mountainbike and hiking enthusiasts can choose from among numerous marked trails. The alpine village has countless activities in store for families, senior citizens and young people alike: paragliding, heliski, sledding, golf, museums, and local produce to try.
There are 500 km of hiking trails, and experienced hikers can follow the tracks of the chamois through this mountain world, which is covered in snow even in summer. For those looking for more action there is climbing, paragliding down to the valley and 826 km of mountain bike piste. A trip aboard the mountain railway to the peak of Mont Fort with its impressive panorama from the Matterhorn to Mont Blanc is a must. Golfers will find two exciting courses and the modern sports centre offers saunas, tennis, squash and curling whatever the weather.
As soon as the first snow falls, Verbier becomes a winter sports paradise. A cableway opens up the top of Mont Fort at a height of 3330 metres. From here there is a fantastic view to the Matterhorn, Grand Combin and Mont Blanc.
You can also enjoy the winter landscape without skis along the snowshoe and winter hiking trails or on two 10-km- long toboggan pistes. For those who love major ski tours, Verbier is well known as a starting point and staging post in the so-called ‘Haute Route’ to Zermatt and Saas Fee.
- Mont-Fort – glacier at 3330 m and the highest point in this ski resort, with a breathtaking view.
- Mont-Gelé – situated at an altitude of 3023 m, accessible by cable car from Les Attelas, one of the famous departure points for some spectacular off-slope skiing.
- Protected nature landscapes of the Haut Val de Bagnes – the second largest natural reserve of Switzerland covering 150 km2. Visit the Mauvoisin arch dam, the highest in Europe (250 m) and its theme trail, and enjoy the splendid view of the Mauvoisin lake and its steep waterfalls.
- The Bagnes AOP cheese and other regional products – learn about the production of the Bagnes cheese and taste a traditional Raclette AOC at the end of the day. Buy a Corbeille d’Entremont basket filled with various delicacies: AOC rye bread, Entremont sausages, air-dried meat, Entremont honey, and much more to entice your palate! Don’t miss out on the autumn event: Bagnes, the Raclette Capital.
- Swatch Xtreme Verbier by The North Face – the world’s top freeriders demonstrate their skills at dizzy heights on slopes, rocky cliffs and in narrow gorges (March).
- Glacier Patrol – this bi-annual high alpine world competition is a real challenge for all participants and runs from Zermatt or Arolla to Verbier (April).
- Verbier Festival & Academy – many big names in classical music gather at this festival to share their skill with young talents from all over the world (July/August).
SBB RailAway leisure shop
Combined offer: journey using public transport and leisure offer (also for existing tickets) to Verbier