On this 8-day, 7-night rail and hotel package, you’ll travel first class on board the Wilhelm Tell Express, Bernina Express and Glacier Express. Visit historic old cities plus a chance to tackle the Alps and the world-famous Matterhorn. Enjoy discounts on cable cars and mountaintop railways.
Stay in 3-star hotels (with the possibility of upgrading to 4-star) in lovely lake Lucerne, Italian-inspired Lugano, chic St. Moritz and Zermatt – where cars are prohibited as to not interfere with the town’s prized view of the Matterhorn. Your package includes a Swiss card with five transfers and plenty of bonuses, too. These are Switzerland’s finest railway experiences, all on one incredible tour. Precisely. These trains aren’t about “getting there.” The rail is part of the journey as you ascend snow-capped mountains, peer down at dramatic gorges and chug over timeless bridges. These are Switzerland’s finest railway experiences, all on one incredible tour. Precisely.
Enter your details and we'll get you on the right track
Here's what you get:
- This rail pass gives you unlimited travel on the Swiss Travel system.
- A 2-day Flexi pass.
- Includes a Swiss Museum Pass with free access to over 470 museums.
The Fine Print:Valid for sale from June 4, 2013 through 5:00 PM ET on May 31, 2014. Valid for travel from September 1, 2013 to May 31, 2014.
Level of Service:Package offers second-class rail and 3 star hotels. First-class rail, four-star hotels, and additional hotel nights also available.
Discounted Offer:The Swiss Family Card is a terrific value that allows children (6-15 years of age) to travel free when accompanied by a parent or guardian. Each Swiss Family Card is valid for up to 7 children. Swiss Family Cards are free and can be picked up at any Swiss train station prior to boarding your first train. Children under age 6 travel free when sharing an adult traveler's accommodations.
- The itinerary cannot be changed, however the traveler can choose the direction in which they would like to travel.
- Reservations are not included in the rail pass and are an additional cost.
- Reservations are required for all scenic trains.
- All changes to the package, once the hotels have been confirmed, will incur a $30 fee per change.
- The package is 100% refundable up to 30 days prior to first hotel stay. There will be a $30 cancellation fee.
- From 29 – 6 days prior to 1st hotel stay the package is 85% refundable.
- From 5 – 2 days prior to the 1st hotel stay the package is 70% refundable.
- From 1 day prior to the first hotel stay the package is non refundable.
- Packages do not qualify for the Rail Protection Plan ™.
- Prices are subject to change.