The vicarage in Lützelfluh, where the poet-pastor Jeremias Gotthelf (1797 – 1854) wrote his most important works, has been converted into a museum. The Gotthelf Center opened its doors to the public in August 2012. The entire ground floor of the time-honored, stately building (built in 1655) has been transformed into a permanent exhibition space dedicated to Gotthelf’s life and oeuvre. The sponsor of the new Center views the transformed building as a place of inspiration that should elicit curiosity in the visitor. The Center should also enable the visitor to learn about the many facets of Gotthelf’s life and work. For example, Gotthelf’s phenomenal output as a writer is presented in his reconstructed study.