Bettmeralp is located on a sun terrace high above the Rhone Valley with a view of the four-thousand-metre-high peaks of the Valais including the Weisshorn, Dom and Matterhorn. The resort has been awarded the "Families Welcome" quality certificate and offers a children's article hire service as well as a children's activity programme. Even the hiking trails have been designed with small children in mind: pushchair-friendly hiking trails are part of what's on offer.
Summer holidays in the area of the Unesco World Heritage Site Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch are breaks in unspoilt countryside. The holiday resorts of Belalp, Riederalp, Bettmeralp and Fiescheralp are located in this attractive hiking area characterised by the Aletsch Glacier, the biggest glacier in Europe. The nearby vantage points Bettmerhorn (2643m) and Eggishorn (2926m) offer impressive views of the 23-kilometre-long glacier. Young and young-at-heart visitors have the opportunity to indulge in sport and excitement on scooter trails and downhill bike courses. Romantic Lake Bettmer is perfect for fishing and making a splash in summer. In bad weather the indoor swimming pool with a slide provides an ideal alternative.
The ski region at the foot of the Bettmerhorn is part of the Aletsch ski arena which extends from Riederalp via Bettmeralp all the way to Fiescheralp. The 35 lift facilities provide access to pistes for skiers and snowboarders of all abilities. A snow sports school is there to teach adults and children all the right moves. Several smaller lifts in the village area make the resort particularly suitable for children. In Bettmeralp skiers enjoy the benefit of being able to ski right to their doorstep.
A good selection of well-groomed winter walking trails is available for winter hikers. The trail for the one-hour-walk to Riederalp is lit at night. For cross-country skiers there is a small circular course by Lake Bettmer as well as the extensive cross-country skiing paradise in the nearby Goms.
- Bettmerhorn - interactive staging of the ice world, from the ice terrace view of the Aletsch Glacier
- Lake Bettmer - idyllic mountain lake with sports possibilities located immediately above the holiday resort of Bettmeralp
- Mountain trail to the Eggishorn and Lake Märjelen area with a fantastic all-round view of the Aletsch Glacier
- Big Aletsch Glacier - 23 kilometres long, this is the biggest and most imposing glacier in the Alps with 27 billion tonnes of ice
- Aletsch Forest - the larch and mountain pine forest is home to the oldest trees - about 900 years old to be precise - in Switzerland
- Festival of Traditions (July)
- Alpine Open-air Cinema Festival Aletsch (July)
- Schafscheid (or sheep market) Riederalp/Bettmeralp (September)