The initial one-hour documentary follows Jeff from Zurich and Chur, in Switzerland's German-speaking north, to Lugano and Bellinzona in the Italian-speaking south of the country via the scenic Abula-Bernina Express rail line and the Palm Express Post Bus. Then, on the Wilhelm Tell Express, Jeff travels through the famous Gotthard Tunnel to Fluelen, where he boards the boat portion of the trip to Lucerne. From Lucerne, he tours Interlaken and the Junfrau, finally heading to French-speaking Gruyere on the Chocolate Train, Montreux's hip waterfront, and Zermatt and the Matterhorn. Along the way, he rides a dizzying array of cable cars, funiculars, cog-wheels, and he even gets a close-up look at an historic steam train.
Want to watch?
Check local listings through American Public Television and tune in!
More info on the show:
Swiss Travel System
The Swiss Travel System at a glance
- 26,000 kilometers of rail, road and waterway routes nationwide
- Regular, reliable timetables with coordinated connections linking more than 150 public transport services
- World famous panorama routes; including the Glacier Express and Bernina Express Show map
Special tickets for guests from abroad
- Attractive all-in-one tickets for unlimited travel in Switzerland by rail, road and waterway
- Special transfer tickets covering travel from Swiss airports and border railway stations to your holiday destination – and back again
- Regional Passes for unlimited travel by public transport in various Swiss regions
- Family Card free of charge. Children under age 16 travel free when accompanied by at least one parent
- STS tickets are obtainable from our Online Shop at all Swiss railways stations or points-of-sale worldwide Ticket overview
- Free use of public transport in 75 Swiss towns and cities
- Free admission to more than 470 museums
- 50% reduction off most mountain railways
- Bonus programme (reduced hotel rates, city tours, excursions)