Because of its location at the bottom of a wide valley, Arosa is very sunny and to a great extent sheltered from strong winds. As there is no transit traffic, the air is particularly pure which is why Arosa has been a famous Alpine health resort since 1877. Arosa is accessible by Rhaetian Railways from Chur or by car across over 365 serpentines and through several tunnels, past the smaller holiday resort of Langwies.
The Arosa All-inclusive Card, which is free for any overnight stay (apartment, hotel or camp site), entitles Arosa guests to a wide variety of free offers! This card includes the usage of the aerial tramways to Hörnli and Weisshorn, access to the rope park, entrance to the local history museum, pedalo rentals and much more.
The holiday region of Arosa is just as varied in summer as it is in winter. The cable car connecting the Arosa Hörnli with the Lenzerheide Urdenfürggli is a comfortable possibility for guests to switch back and forth between the two resorts.
Arosa alone boasts more than 200 km of different hiking and walking trails. A hiking tour to be especially recommended is the 10 lakes hike, a tour of 15 km leading from one crystal-clear mountain lake to the next. Then there’s the Schanfigg circuit from Chur to Arosa and back with its many traditional cozy mountain cabins, nicely cultivated stretches of land and alpine pastures.
For mountainbike enthusiasts, a multitude of trails are available in Arosa as well as in Lenzerheide, where there is the additional possibility to use the bike park and the skill center as well as a bike school. Many biking events are organized for visitors to watch or participate in.
Skiers and snowboarders can choose from 225 km of slopes with guaranteed snow in the winter sport region of Arosa Lenzerheide, making it the largest interconnected skiing region of Graubünden. Thanks to the cable car joining the two resorts, the visitors can get from the Arosa Hörnli to the Lenzerheide Urdenfürggli in just 3 minutes.
The modern Urden cable car can now also be used by pedestrians who will be able to enjoy a total of 140 km of well-maintained hiking and walking trails. Two snow parks and a fun slope await the freestylers for some fantastic jibbing. Those who love snowshoe hiking, (night) sledding, cross-country skiing, curling and Bavarian curling will also find everything their hearts desire in Arosa Lenzerheide.
An adventure in the beauty of nature for each and everyone: pay the fire brigade a visit, feed the squirrels, or find your balance in the rope park. At the Arosa JUNIOR Club, children from 3 years of age can play, do crafts, ride pedalos, build huts, dam creeks, and eat delicious treats accompanied by mascots «Klexx» and «JUNIOR». Arosa is one of the Swiss holiday resorts awarded the quality seal «Families Welcome».
In summer and in winter, the «Arosa JUNIOR Club» strives to present an exciting children’s program. Some of the hotels in Arosa, labeled «Partner Hotel of the Arosa Junior Club», are dedicated entirely to the requirements of families. In winter, the «ski school inclusive» offer makes learning how to ski free of charge for children and youths up to 17 years of age. The offer is valid when staying at least 2 nights at one of the participating hotels or holiday apartments.
- Weisshorn (2,653 metres above sea level) – the new panorama restaurant offers magnificent 360° views over 400 peaks in Switzerland and neighbouring countries as well as down to Chur, the capital of Grisons.
- Untersee bathing beach – idyllically situated bathing beach with a sandy shore, sunbathing lawn and decking, solar-heated paddling pool, 50-metre-slide, diving boards, table tennis and a garden restaurant.
- Obersee water display – sponsered by Rhätische Bahn und hotelleriesuisse Arosa. Biggest water display in Europe accompanied by lights and music enrich the night sky (Tues, Fri and Sat from mid June to the end of October).
- Squirrel Trail – not at all shy, the squirrels along the squirrel trail close to the village allow themselves to be fed by the whole family.
- Arosa Golf Course – in a fabulous Alpine setting one of the highest 18-hole golf courses in Europe at an altitude of 1850 metres above sea level.
- IceSnowFootball – inofficial snow football world championship right in the middle of the snowy mountain peaks. Former national players from all over the world fight for the much-coveted title (January).
- Arosa Jazz Festival – jazz sounds from the Obersee right up to the Weisshorn peak (July).
- Arosa Music Theater – an opera in a small clearing on a foresty stage, canopied by the starry sky of Arosa (July).
- Arosa ClassicCar – the International Hill Climb Arosa ClassicCar between Langwies and Arosa transforms Arosa to the ‘Monaco of the Mountains’. The event provides attractions and highlights on and off the race track (August / September).
- Arosa Humour Festival – big names from the world of cabaret and comdey come together to entertain visitors during Arosa’s winter pre-season (December).
SBB RailAway leisure shop
Combined offer: journey using public transport and leisure offer (also for existing tickets) to Arosa