The little town has much to offer by way of old and new: The world-famous Tell monument still reminds us of the story of Switzerland’s origin. The reputation of the multifaceted, traditional cultural offerings, ranging from the Tell play to the modern music festifal "Alpentöne" (Alpine Sounds), has spread far beyond Uri’s borders. The Eggberge sun-terrace (1,400 meters above sea level), which is part of Altdorf, is a sought-after excursion destination in summer as well as in winter.
- Schächentaler Mountain Trail – Hiking with spectacular views high above the Schächen Valley.
- Eggberge – sun-drenched terrace at 1,400 meters above sea level.
- Cultural tour – interesting guided tour through the small town of Altdorf.
- Tell Monument – a tribute to the Swiss national hero.
- Tonart Festival (“Tonality Festival”) – a soaring musical experience (March).
- Folk Music Festival – a comprehensive overview of the Swiss folk music scene (May).
- The Tell Festival – theater performances dedicated to the national hero and the myth of Switzerland’s origin (June-August).
- Alpine Sounds – modern music festival in Altdorf (August).
SBB RailAway leisure shop
Combined offer: journey using public transport and leisure offer (also for existing tickets) to Altdorf