Formerly a mere transit location between Chur and Tiefencastel, Lenzerheide, located at an altitude of 1500 metres above sea level in a high valley, has been a popular winter and summer health resort for families and sports enthusiasts for some time now. The smaller holiday resorts of Parpan and Lantsch/Lenz are located in the same high valley.
The varied options available for families and the comprehensive childcare services have been awarded the „Families Welcome“ quality label. A great number of family-friendly hotels and holiday apartments offer accommodation to suit every budget.
Whether they are bikers, hikers, culture lovers or families – the holiday region of Lenzerheide invites everyone to enjoy activity-filled but also restful and carefree holidays for perfect relaxation. The sunny alpine valley offers a surprisingly ample program.
In summer, families, groups of friends or couples can go for hiking tours or a leisurely stroll in a landscape of green pastures, impressive mountain peaks and calm lakes. The holiday region of Lenzerheide offers a great variety of bike routes as well as more than 170 km of marked hiking trails. Cozy traditional mountain inns, lots of fireplaces for barbecues and a large number of restaurants in the village await the guests.
Lenzerheide is a true mecca for mountainbikers and caters to all the different levels: from easy to extreme, leisurely to racy, there are tours for families and a 100 km marathon route. On a total of 300 km of marked bike trails and more than 1000 km of GPS tours, bikers will be able to experience the most beautiful and remote corners of the Lenzerheide holiday region.
The recently enhanced Bike Park is the centerpiece of the biking paradise Lenzerheide. From the mid-station of Scharmoin, five different downhill runs lead to the Rothorn bottom station. They not only feature different levels of difficulty, but are also different in character.
In the holiday region of Lenzerheide, the sun shines all day long. The two sides of the valley have sun either in the morning or in the afternoon, making for a 360 degree sunshine experience for the winter sport guests.
The skiing region of Arosa Lenzerheide with its guaranteed snow features 225 km of groomed slopes that reach a maximum altitude of 2,865 meters above sea level. Winter sport enthusiasts can choose from a multitude of wide and smooth slopes and just as many challenging precipitous ones. Offers such as SnowNight, Full Moon Skiing or Early Bird provide a special fun experience.
56 km of cross-country skiing trails are available in the fantastic mountain sceneries of the Lenzerheide holiday region. Whether classic or skating, there is an ample offer for every style and taste. A part of the trail at Lantsch/Lenz is illumined in the evening for a special experience. The two illumined sledding runs and the 3 km night slope on Alp Stätz make for an equally exciting adventure.
Those who like a more leisurely pace can explore the surroundings of Lenzerheide on foot and choose from a total of 80 km of winter hiking trails including 7 marked roundtrip tours.
The holiday region of Lenzerheide has been certified with the quality seal Families Welcome for more than 10 years. There are a great number and variety of offers for families: the only Globi hiking trail in Switzerland, the Globi house or the Heidsee lido with barbecue fireplaces, children’s playground and pirate boat are just a few of the attractions making a visit to the holiday region of Lenzerheide a fabulous experience for families. This is true for the winter holidays as well, when the children will have lots of fun while ice skating, building snowmen, or learning how to ski at the different children’s grounds.
- Arosa Lenzerheide skiing region – 42 lifts and 225 km of slopes across three valley sides.
- SnowNights and Earlybird – the highlight for night owls and early risers.
- Globi hiking trail – see, feel, learn: Globi accompanies young and old on a nature theme trail.
- Bike Park Lenzerheide – 5 bike runs for all levels of difficulty, fun guaranteed!
- European Forester’s Competition in Nordic Skiing (EFNS) – the community of European Foresters meet in Lenzerheide, the highlights are the single and relay competitions in the Biathlon Arena Lenzerheide (January).
- Ski orienteering race, European championships – from the European elite to open competitions, Lenzerheide is the top venue for this discipline (January).
- Lenzerheide Planoiras Cross-Country Race – during the legendary Plainoras, Marathon enthusiasts from all over Europe compete in an exciting race. (January).
- Red Bull SKiLLS – Swiss skiers challenge the reigning Olympic winners (March).
- Lenzerheide Motor Classics – rattling engines, the scent of motor oil and a touch of nostalgia are the attributes of the Lenzerheide Motor Classics (June).
- Grisons Marathon – 42 km from Chur (590 metres above sea level) up the Parpan Rothorn (2865 metres above sea level), according to its promoters the toughest marathon in the world (June).
- UCI MTB World Cup Lenzerheide - From 2015 to 2017, there will be UCI Mountainbike World Cup races each year in the Cross Country and Downhill disciplines. In the summer of 2018, the Mountainbike & Trial World Championships represent a further important highlight (July).
- Das Zelt (the tent) – the mobile culture platform stops over in Lenzerheide, presenting numerous shows (August).
- testRIDE - 40 stands, 100 brands, 5 trial routes for all types of bikes, and the Bike Park Lenzerheide right at the center of the festivities (September).
- Lenzerheide fairyland – unique lighting, a Christmas market in the snowy forest, the best live music, and countless culinary delicacies (December).