For lovers of Historic Hotels
Both the original fabric of the building and the interiors are well preserved – including the high-ceilinged rooms, and the old, meticulously crafted parquet fl oor that once creaked under the footsteps of aristocrats, historians, philosophers, painters and writers.
Certified by ICOMOS
Special distinction 1999 «for the remarkable preservation of the building substance and the interior fittings in the original style reflecting the true charm of this establishment. »
The Masson Hotel in Veytaux, a suburb of Montreux on Lake Geneva, lies on the historic Simplon railway line, near the famous Castle of Chillon. The building was originally a vintner’s manor built between 1829 and 1832 by Jean François Masson. In 1850 it was transformed into a boarding house and later, in the 1970es, an annex with guest rooms and two lounges were added to the main building. The dining room with its still functioning kitchen elevator was built in 1911. Since then, the hotel has remained quasi the same on the outside. Today’s owner, Anne Marie Sèvegrand, strives to preserve both the historic appearance and the furniture of the hotel.