For nearly 200 years all guests have been enchanted by the sunset and sunrise rising over Mt. Rigi. Guests, who don’t stay overnight on the Rigi, can ride the cogwheel train up to Vitznau during the summer months.
By public transport:
From Lucerne to Goldau or Küssnacht and then by local bus to Weggis or Vitznau
From Zürich Airport / Main Station to Lucerne and then by boat to Weggis / Vitznau, or from Zürich Airport / Main Station to Goldau.
From Berne: take the A1 / A2 motorway, from Basel the A2, from Zürich the A4, all of them in the direction of the Gotthard. Exit: Küssnacht (for Vitznau / Weggis) or Goldau (for Goldau)
- From Lucerne Bahnhofplatz to Weggis or Vitznau
- By train to Arth and then by local bus to Goldau
Mt. Rigi is serviced by two railways and a cable car and hence is easy to reach:
- cog railway Vitznau - Rigi Kulm
- cog railway Goldau - Rigi Kulm
- cable car Weggis - Rigi Kaltbad