Documents and Formalities

Foreign tourist couples are frequently not sure where they want to get married. In the Alps, on a lake or in the snow? Conditions vary from place to place, and what is possible in the Canton of Valais, may not be possible in the Canton of Ticino.

Share contents

Thanks for your rating
It is therefore best if foreign bridal couples who want to get married in Switzerland apply to the civil registry office (Zivilstandsamt) at the place where they want to get married as well as to the Swiss consulate, closest their home.
Most of the so-called “Preparatory Marriage Formalities” can be completed at the Swiss consulate near your home. Moreover, foreign language documents can be translated there and notarized if necessary. The consulate subsequently sends the documents to the relevant authorities in Switzerland.

What you will need:

  • Detailed information about the documents you have to present to the Swiss Authorities
  • Translation of these documents
  • Escorting and Interpreting through the various administrative proceedings with Swiss authorities (Marriage Register Office, Migration Authorities, Local Authorities etc.)
  • Deteiled information how your Swiss Marriage will be recognized and duly recorded in your own country
  • Information about Swiss Visa and Residence Permit

Select a different view for your results: