Because of its location at the bottom of a wide valley, Arosa is very sunny and to a great extent sheltered from strong winds. As there is no transit traffic, the air is particularly pure which is why Arosa has been a famous Alpine health resort since 1877. Arosa is accessible by Rhaetian Railways from Chur or by car across over 365 serpentines and through several tunnels, past the smaller holiday resort of Langwies.
The Arosa All-inclusive Card, which is free to all overnight guests (apartment, hotel or camp site), Arosa guests benefit from a wide variety of local leisure activities in summer and autumn – all for free! The Arosa All-inclusive Card includes the usage of the mountain railways to Hörnli and Weisshorn, access to the rope park, entrance to the local history museum, pedalo hire and much more.
The hiking region boasts 200 kilometres of varied walking and hiking trails. The 15-kilometre-long ten-lake-hike, for example, takes you past one crystal clear lake after another. And walkers doing the several-day tour from Davos via Arosa to Lenzerheide can have their luggage transported from one stopover location to the next. For mountain bike riders there are 50 kilometres of trails. There is also a luggage transport service for riders embarking on several-day tours.
For skiers and snowboarders there are 70 kilometres of groomed pistes as well as a 30-kilometre freeride area and a half-pipe. 13 transport facilities take passengers to altitudes of up to 2653 metres above sea level. Some of the 60 kilometres of winter walking trails take you right into the snow sports region which means that winter walkers can take advantage of the cosy huts and meet up with their relatives and friends who are indulging in sports on the slopes. And there are attractive routes for snow-shoe trekkers and toboggan riders too. At the snow sports schools of the "Arosa Junior Club" children learn to ski and ride snowboards in a fun way while experiencing an imaginative holiday at the same time.
Arosa is among the Swiss holiday resorts which have been awarded the "Families Welcome" quality label. In summer and winter the "Arosa JUNIOR Club" does its very best to provide an exciting children's programme. A few hotels in Arosa have come together under the label "AlpenClub Mickey Mouse Family Hotels" and cater for the needs of families in particular.
- Weisshorn (2653 metres above sea level) – view of 400 peaks in Switzerland and neighbouring countries as well as down to Chur, the capital of the Grisons.
- Untersee bathing beach – idyllically situated bathing beach with a sandy shore, sunbathing lawn and decking, solar-heated paddling pool, 50-metre-slide, diving boards, table tennis and a garden restaurant.
- Obersee water display - sponsered by Rhätische Bahn und hotelleriesuisse Arosa. Biggest water display in Europe accompanied by lights and music enrich the night sky (Tues, Fri and Sat from mid June to the end of October).
- Squirrel Trail – not at all shy, the squirrels along the squirrel trail close to the village allow themselves to be fed by the whole family.
- Arosa Golf Course – in a fabulous Alpine setting one of the highest 18-hole golf courses in Europe at an altitude of 1850 metres above sea level.
- Arosa IceSnowFootball - unofficial IceSnowFootball World Cup on the frozen Obersee lake of Arosa. Former national players from all over the world are eager to win the coveted trophy. (January)
- Arosa Jazz Festival – jazz sounds from the Obersee right up to the Weisshorn peak. (July)
- Ope®n Air – highest open-air opera festival in the Alps with performances on the forest stage. (July/August)
- Arosa ClassicCar –The International Hill Climb Arosa ClassicCar between Langwies and Arosa transforms Arosa to the ‘Monaco of the Mountains’. The event provides attractions and highlights on and off the race track. (August / September)
- Arosa Humour Festival – big names from the world of cabaret and comdey come together to entertain visitors during Arosa’s winter pre-season. (December)
SBB RailAway leisure shop
Combined offer: journey using public transport and leisure offer (also for existing tickets) to Arosa