The main attraction of Beatenberg is its location. The village is one of the best vantage points set against the Bernese Alps and affords a view of deeply blue Lake Thun. Just about 10 kilometres by road away from Interlaken, Beatenberg is furthermore a perfect starting point for excursions to the Lake Thun and Jungfrau region.
In summer the mountain countryside is perfect for walking. High moors and karst fields of national importance are a treat for nature lovers. For relaxed walks there is the Beatusweg from the Waldegg district to the village centre. The 4-kilometre-long play and adventure trail relates the legend of Holy Beatus, patron saint of Beatenberg. The wooden castle which is safe to walk on, the ship and the big dragon are simply waiting for children to play on them. A biographical theme trail is dedicated to the bestselling author Erich von D��niken.
The Niederhorn (1950 metres above sea level), Beatenberg���s "house mountain" is accessible by aerial cableway from the village as well as from the nearby lakeside. From the Niederhorn several routes head in the direction of the village or over the Gemmenalphorn to the neighbouring village of Habkern. It���s not unusual to spot the odd ibex or marmot along the way. Two scooter-bike routes provide the perfect opportunity for a fast ride. The Niederhorn is particularly popular with paragliders. The colourful spectacle of paragliders set against the steel blue sky is a delight for spectators as well.
The Beatenberg family ski region of Niederhorn and Hohwald, a toboggan run, cross-country skiing tracks, an extensive winter walking trail network, a natural ice rink and the ever fascinating view of the snow-covered peaks make the Bernese Oberland holiday resort an attractive destination for exciting while relaxing winter holidays.
- Niederhorn ��� vantage point above Beatenberg, starting point for short and long walks and family-friendly ski region.
- Beatus Caves ��� one of the biggest limestone cave systems with stalagnites and stalactites in Switzerland, a lit section of it is open to visitors.
- Lake Thun ��� from the Beatenberg sun terrace easily accessible by funicular. Water sports and excursions by ship.
- Jungfraujoch ��� the ultimate excursion destination of the region. From Beatenberg via Interlaken a rewarding day-trip.
- Alpenhorn Meeting ��� in the course of the years the meeting at Alp Ch��ematte has developed into an event involving several regions (August).
- ��Ch��steilet�� in the Justis Valley ��� one of the most traditional farmers��� festivals in the region during which cheese produced up the mountain during summer is divided among the cattle owners (September).
- Animal Show ��� the breeding successes of Beatenberg's farmers are judged and the most beautiful cow is awarded the title Miss Beatenberg (October).