Hiking the Grimmimutz Fun and Adventure Trail is a wonderful vacation experience for the whole family. On this hiking loop children get to know the exciting story of Grimmimutz and the evil Pepper-Witch at various play stations.
Diemtigtal's hiking area boasts more than 200 km of marked hiking trails along the rivers and lakes, and past picturesque old houses. It leads up to the lush pastures of the Alps and lets you enjoy the romantic region as the unique spectacle of the diverse stages of Alpine vegetation unfolds before your eyes. On many of the Alpine farms in the Bernese Oberland you can observe cheese-making while enjoying a hearty brunch.
In the Wiriehorn region, bicyclists and mountain bikers find everything to their heart's content. The chair lift takes them in comfort to the starting point of several biking options for their downhill ride. The permanent downhill stretch however, on which championship races take place, is best suited for the experienced biker.
Winter sports fans will find a plethora of generous offerings. Apart from fun on the pistes, Diemtigtal has a lot to offer by way of adventure and relaxation, all of which adds to the enjoyment of your winter vacation: Evening sleigh rides after an excellent dinner. Or leisurely hikes through a fairytale landscape covered with powdery snow that surrounds the villages and forests. Various snow playgrounds and lifts for children make the Diemtigtal a very family-friendly destination.
- Winter hiking with riddles at markers – test your general knowledge at 11 “puzzle posts” on the Grimmialp circular hiking trail.
- Toboggan runs (Ascend with chair lift) – fast-paced sledging fun for all the family.
- Runs – for beginners and advanced skiers.
- Natural ice rink – a polished 20 x 40-metre ice rink with artificial fences.
- Children's playground Schlaraffia – play in the snow between wooden figures, a round-log chalet and a castle.
- Cross-country paradise – 18 kilometres of cross-country trails between Zwischenflüh and Schwenden.