Grächen is not only an attractive destination because of its natural beauty, but also due to its numerous leisure facilities and the extremely child-friendly infrastructure, ranging from a children’s restaurant via the Native Indian fort to the entertainment programme. In Grächen, the children are magically turned into princes and princesses, while the parents can relax in regal style.
Families can set up camp individually in the Native Indian village on Hannigalp. The authentically furnished tepee tents, with a stake and fireplace, reflect the charm of the prairie, and allow children to immerse themselves in the adventures of the Wild West.
On the exclusive Ravensburger Spieleweg – a games trail – families can combine an enjoyable walk with exciting games. Playing with the ‘crazy labyrinth’ or the ‘Matterhorn climber’ turns a family hike into an afternoon of games. Each of the 16 huts and games stations becomes a stage on the way to the final destination. There is also guaranteed fun at the adventure playground ‘Robis playground in the forest. In the haunted house, on the giant slide, and on the fairytale-themed walk, all the dreams of adventure come true.
Grächen has a reputation as an outstanding area for walking. Passionate hikers appreciate the 250 km network of walking trails which covers the forest, the mountain lake, burbling irrigation channels, and the entrance to the snout of the glacier. The Hannigalp (2,100 m) is the heart of the hiking region: it links the mountain path to Saas-Fee with the Europaweg (Europe Trail) between Zermatt and Grächen – the most famous and beautiful mountain hiking trails in the Alps.
Grächen is an eldorado for families in winter. They can have fun and games in Switzerland’s largest and most exciting familiy park, the "SiSu Familienpark". The three-storey family park, covering an area of more than 50,000m2, offers everything that makes the hearts of families beat faster. With four magic carpets, a ski carousel, a hang-glider, a snowtubing run, visiting the ‘cinema in the igloo’ or the ‘Mäc SiSu’ family restaurant, will make the ski learners feel totally contented and happy. The day nursery is right in the skiing area, so parents can leave their children in the care of professional staff without any worries.
With 42 km of pistes, the skiing region is easy to navigate, snow-assured up to 2,858 m altitude, and impresses with its majestic scenery. The highest Swiss mountains are so close one could almost touch them. Mogul pistes and a fun park complete the range of facilities on offer. 38 km of winter walking paths, a toboggan run and 23 km of snowshoe trails also tempt non-skiers to venture out into the snow-covered winter landscape.
The holiday resort has been awarded the ‘Families welcome’ quality mark, providing all the facilities parents could wish for: Children’s equipment for hire and childcare, as well as a kids hotel, playgrounds and a swimming pool are just some of the facilities on offer.
- Ravensburger Games Trail – a playful walk along the Ravensburg Games Trail: 16 games huts and stations, ranging from ‘memory’ to ‘snakes and ladders’
- Fondue in the cable car at night – round off a winter day enjoying a cozy ride and a cheese fondue dinner accompanied by a glass of fine white wine.
- Internship with the slope manager and the snow makers – a unique experience for young and old, and a childhood dream come true for all winter sports enthusiasts.
- First downhill run with the piste superintendent – set foot on the mountain before anyone else and make your mark.
- Family parks – the family parks in and around Grächen are a highlight for children and adults alike. This region is ideal for hiking tours with the whole family, and numerous pleasant spots invite to take a relaxing break.
- Swisscom Skimovie – the best souvenir of your skiing holiday: film your personal ski and snowboard performance on the Swisscom Skimovie slope, download the skimovie free of charge on the same evening and share it with your friends!
- Family Funslope – innovative ski-run fun for everyone.
- World Snow Day – a global event to familiarise children with snow sports, including a challenge race on the Hannigalp with stations where children can try out various snow sports (January).
- Night Ski Show – ski acrobatics, fireworks and nostalgic downhill runs demonstrated by Grächen's professionals (February).
- Easter Programme – Easter programme for the whole family, with egg-painting, a chance to make your own Easter bunnies and an Easter treasure hunt (Easter).
- Summer Kick-Off – opening of summer season on the Hannigalp with summery menus in the mountain restaurant (June).
- Ravensburg Children's Festival – fun and games with SiSu. Kids' trail with various play stations across the village (July).
- Beach Event – special mix of sport, beach party and live concert, 1600 m above sea level (August).
- Ländler Week – folk music resounds across the whole village (September).
- St. Nicholas Event – the world's tallest St. Nicholas statue is always on show at St. Niklaus' church after an inauguration ceremony (December).
- Night Slalom – floodlit night slalom on the valley run (December).