A valley for discovery and enjoyment A unique variety is reflected in the hosts: from Gault-Milaau to „real, rustical, original“. The offering is varied and oriented to the local culture. There are cosy double rooms lit by candle light or more modern hotels, sometimes with a direct view from the cheminé lounge to the sheep pastures. This may be a little peculiar, but in the Praettigau everything was and is a little bit different...
Underneath the impressive walls of chalk, there are vast lush alpine pastures. Bordering Austria, the Raetikon offers attractive climbing and trekking possibilities. The first climbing garden in the Grisons presents an extraordinary view and foresight for the one who is free from giddiness. The climbing novices and the more relaxed persons will love the alpine rope course. Those who prefer the horizontal to the vertical will enjoy over 1000 km of hiking trails and 500 km of bike trails at one’s feet, in the true sense of the word. Gentle hills on one side, with the wild alpine environment on the other side of the valley. After all, attributes which fits to the locals...
In winter, the family friendly ski areas and the ski and snow shoe tour paradise St. Antönien are a main attraction for the active winter athletes. In the „Fideriser Heuberge“ (vast pasture above Fideris) is one of the longest coasting slide (12 km) in the Alps. The legendary coach tour in Pany, where horses „trails“ a special trunk with vats to sit from the mountain to valley, is unique.
- Rätikon – an internationally renowned climbing region with Graubünden’s first fixed rope route.
- Prättigau Mountain Trail – a four-day hike along the Swiss/Austrian border.
- Re-Ra-Rätikon Game and Adventure Trail – five game posts enable one to discover the mountain world and simultaneously solve an exciting puzzle about the chamois “Granita”.
- Daffodil Spectacle Seewis – hundreds of thousands of mountain daffodils bloom from mid May to mid June on the meadows and pastures of Seewis.
- Freeride Paradise – border crossing tours to Austria
- Salginatobel Bridge Schiers – Switzerland’s only world monument is from a technical standpoint one of the world’s most important steel/concrete archbridges.
- Children’s toboggan run in Fideris – an old custom where a horse with bells and colorfully decorated special sleds pulled by a High School student (“Schlittmer”) travel through Fideris (every six years in January).
- Daffodil Festival in Seewis – highlight of the natural drama with festival cuisine and musical entertainment (May).
- Prätti-Ziller – Graubünden’s largest folk music event (June).
- Prättigau Alpine Spectacle – successful combination of authentic Swiss alpine culture, modern alpine cuisine and living tradition (October)