Sempachersee Lake is situated in the heart of Switzerland and is surrounded by glorious scenery. Unspoiled nature, places of cultural and historical interest, an excellent choice of places to eat out, and all kinds of opportunities for sports and recreation make the Sempachersee Region an ideal place for a relaxing day out or for a welcome break together with the family. Groups are also welcome, including groups of seniors.
- The historic little town of Sempach – nestled in a wonderful landscape by upper Lake Sempach.
- The old town of Sursee (winner of the 2003 Wakker Prize) – this lovely little town in the heart of Switzerland combines history, culture and modernity and is also the region's urban centre.
- Beromünster Castle Museum – site of Switzerland's first dated printing press.
- Swiss Ornithological Institute, Sempach – national centre for the study and protection of local birds and their habitats.
- Battle of Sempach – victory of the founding cantons of Switzerland over the Habsburgs (July 9, 1386).
- Teddy Bear Museum, Sempach – more than 2,000 teddy bears are exhibited on the museum's three floors.
- Beromünster Convent – impressive collegiate church from the 11th century.
- Swiss Paraplegic Centre, Nottwil – special clinic for the holistic rehabilitation and comprehensive care of paraplegics.