Authors like Nietzsche, artists like Beuys, and musicians like David Bowie were inspired by the fantastic sweeping views and the magical light. They contributed to Sils’ reputation today as a place of great culture. This is emphasized by renowned events, the Biblioteca Engiadinaisa, the Robbi Museum and the Nietzsche House.
Locals and visitors from all over the world call Sils a place of energy and power, and for a good reason: especially high “Bovis” values were measured here. The best preconditions to charge ones batteries for the daily grind.
Romantic strolls along the lake, a carriage ride along the bordering Fex Valley or a boatride on Lake Sils or Lake Silvaplana are some of the popular tours around Sils. Whoever wants to travel further up finds various routes for hiking and mountain tours on the local Furtschella Alp. And if you sail on Lake Sils with Europe’s highest lake cruise ship you can especially enjoy the mountain scenery.
Sils is a perfect starting point for strolls and winter hikes. The remote Fex Valley can be explored in the winter during a romantic horse-carriage ride. From the local Futschella Alp (2,791 meters) one can get up to the Corvatsch (3,303 meters) which has the highest mountain station of the Eastern Alps. And from there 120 challenging kilometers of piste lead back into the valley. Curlers, sledders and cross-country skiers can indulge in their favorite pastime in Sils as well.
- Segantini-Museum – dedicated to the painter Giovanni Segantini who spent the final five years of his life in the Engadine.
- Nietzsche House Sils in Engadin – permanent exhibition about Nietzsche and temporary modern art displays.
- Silserkugeln: Das Phänomen der Silserkugeln entsteht im Herbst durch die ins Wasser fallenden Laerchennadeln, Wasser und Wind.
- Sils Hesse Days – lectures about the successful author’s poetry and art of living (June).
- Sils Art and Literature Days – concerts, lectures, films, readings and cultural hikes retracing the footsteps of personalities affiliated with the Engadine (August).
- Nietzsche Colloquium – lectures, workshops, discussions and artistic contributions concerning the multitalented philosopher (September).
- Audi FIS Alpine Ski World Cup 2017, Corviglia, St. Moritz