From the idyllic hilltops you will have an impressive panoramic view of Central Switzerland’s Alps with the Rigi, Pilatus and Titlis mountains. The Seetal offers tangible living culture, sports and entertainment. Well-constructed hiking and biking trails criss-cross the valley and link the two lakes and castles.
The villages are dotted with lidos and restaurants that offer fish specialties. Lakeboats regularly ply Lake Hallwil from one lakeshore to the other. Well-preserved architecture testifies to the Middle Ages in the Seetal valley and can be visited: Lenzburg Castle, perched on a hilltop, the moated Hallwyl Castle, the fortified Wildegg Castle, Heidegg Castle and the Nünegg Castle Ruin.
Summer sees the Seetal valley blossoming. Castles open their doors around the beginning of April, at a time when the regional boat company commences its public transport services on the Hallwilersee lake once again. Plenty of lovely bathing spots invite you to linger along the shores of the Baldegger and Hallwilersee lakes – while others boast the natural beauty and gently rolling hills revealed on walking trails leading around the lakes.
Relaxation is yours to enjoy here in winter as well; with attractions including classic and artful skating on the Horben (Lindenberg), Homberg and Herlisberg (Römerswil) terrain by sufficient snow and suitable tracks. Horben is also a favourite for tobogganing, with a small ski lift appreciated likewise by big and small! And last but by no means least, numerous restaurants satisfy all tastes with heart-warming winter treats whenever you feel peckish.
- Hallwilsersee lake – hiking, public boat rides and romantic bathing spots.
- Baldeggersee lake – hikes around the beautiful lakeside nature reserve.
- Heidegg, Hallwyl, Lenzburg and Wildegg castles
- Viewpoints – Eichberg, Horben, Heidegg Castle, Homberg (view tower), Esterliturm (Lenzburg), Lenzburg Castle with Alps indicator, Turm Roten lookout tower (Hohenrain).
- Lenzburg Youth Festival (2nd Friday in July)
- Gaukler Festival of travelling entertainers Lenzburg (August)