In altitude, the resorts of Alt St. Johann, Unterwasser and Wildhaus are the highest communities in Toggenburg and are nestled between the mighty Säntis massif and the seven Churfirsten.
Romantic mountain lakes that are irresistible to swimmers, hiking routes full of adventure such as the Toggenburg Sagenweg (fable trail) and the Klangweg (sound trail), a supervised and varied children's and visitors' programme, wildlife observation, visits to an Alpine dairy, donkey riding, lama trekking and a host of other offers.
17 facilities provide comfortable access to a varied winter sports area up to 2,262 metres above sea level. Here you will find over 60 km of pistes waiting to be explored. One particularly memorable experience is skiing on the Sellamatt at night. Anyone looking for relaxation away from the slopes can enjoy 35 km of marked winter hiking trails plus 50 km of well laid out cross-country ski trails. Or you can simply savour the peace and beauty of nature while out on a snowshoe tour.
• Simon Ammann funicular between Unterwasser and Iltios
• Sound World Toggenburg (sound wellness, Sound Trail, tone workshops, sound festivals)
• Make your own cheese at the Cheese Academy or the Knaus Alpine Dairy
• Thur Waterfalls in Unterwasser
- Country-City Toggenburg (Ende August).