In Bad Zurzach – only 30 minutes from Zurich by car – there are three salt drilling towers that shape the appearance of the village. These witnesses to bygone times are reminders of salt mining. Hot water was first discovered here underground in the year 1914. In 1955 the source was re-drilled – this led to the birth of the spa town of Bad Zurzach. Today Bad Zurzach’s wide variety of Wellness and health offerings include a thermal spa, the SPA Medical Wellness Center and the surrounding hotels and Rehabilitation Clinic.
A stroll through the pretty center of the village is highly recommended. The death of Saint Verena in the year 344 AD and subsequent importance of Zurzach as a destination for pilgrims was crucial for the development of Zurzach as an important market and trade fair town. Verena Cathedral, the resting place of Saint Verena, is one of Canton Aargau’s most beautiful churches.
The sports minded will find their pulse rates rising as they use our fully developed Nordic walking paths, cycling routes and hiking tracks – all in the full knowledge that there is a warm, relaxing soak in a bubbling thermal bath waiting for them when they return from their exertions. The Water Symphony in the spa park charms young and old with a fascinating interplay of water, light and a bit of music.
The story of Bad Zurzach spa starts in 1914, when hot spring water was discovered by chance while drilling for salt. Nowadays, you can relax here in Switzerland's largest open-air thermal spa. Thermal water at 39.9°C gushes to the surface every day from the alkaline Glauber's salt spring. At Sal Aqua Natura, the new wellness complex opened in autumn 2013, you can relax in a natural swimming pool, non-nude saunas, a three-storey sauna rig and an intensive saltwater pool. A world of pure pleasure awaits you in the four large outdoor pools with wellness features such as massage nozzles, a flowing bath, crystal steam bath, waterfall and neck jets. Youngsters can splash about in the Papa Moll kids' pool. The wellness hotels at Bad Zurzach feature professional infrastructure, premium personal service and direct underground access to the wellness complex. You'll also find a varied range of health and wellbeing facilities: classic wellness massages, medical wellness and beauty treatments. All this against a lovely backdrop of rolling hills with countless enticing options for excursions, gentle walks or challenging sports activities. Let your body and mind relax as you savour supreme culinary delights in a serene ambience.
- Thermal spa - the biggest thermal spa in Switzerland is the perfect place to relax. Various treatment and wellness facilities help promote health and wellbeing. Zurzach thermal spa with the new Sal Aqua Natura wellness world – perfect relaxation awaits in Switzerland's largest open-air thermal spa. A varied range of spa and wellness facilities promote health and wellbeing.
- Verena Minster – one of the most beautiful churches in Canton Aargau - stands right in the center of the village of Bad Zurzach.
- Klingnau Reservoir - a place for water birds to rest and spend the winter and a paradise for birdwatchers.
- Papa Moll-Land in Bad Zurzach – fun and adventures for visitors of all ages.
- Market town Bad Zurzach – the rows of houses remind one even today of the trade fair houses of the past.
- Drilling towers – these witnesses of times recall the time when prospectors d
- Spring Market – colorful event with opportunity to test the latest E-bikes (April).
- Barrel-organ meeting with antiques and flea market - the traditional Bad Zurzach barrel-organ meeting attracts over 50 barrel-organists and a big audience (August).
- Verena Miracle Play 2014 – a modern open-air theatre performance on the Chilebückli, Bad Zurzach, inspired by the figure of St. Verena (6 August to 6 September 2014).
- Christmas Market – the center of Bad Zurzach is transformed into an attractive Christmas Village (December)
SBB RailAway leisure shop
Combined offer: journey using public transport and leisure offer (also for existing tickets) to Bad Zurzach