6 good reasons to visit the Lake of Neuchâtel region:
- The city of Neuchâtel, with a medieval heart, pedestrian areas, "bistrots" and restaurants, an authentic local produce market, surprising museums and exciting events.
- The heritage, where past and future intermix. Precision and innovation in state-of-the-art industry flourishing next to hundreds of years old mansions with dazzlingly beautiful architecture.
- The Lake of Neuchâtel is an invitation to relaxation and water activities on approximately 15 km of accessible shores, beaches, picnic areas and exclusively pedestrian and cycling paths. Every day beautiful boat trips cross the biggest lake entirely located in Switzerland.
- Places of interest of all kinds: museums and tourist highlights focusing in turn on vine and wine, Friedrich Dürrenmatt, archeology, nature, ethnography, art and history,& the most interesting places for nature and culture enthusiasts
- Entertainment: the art of celebrating is carefully cultivated. All kinds of festivals are dedicated to wine harvest, fantasy film and street music, as well as a few magnificent antique fairs and& exciting nights!
- Local produce: white, red and rosé wines, all very different in taste, go very well with local cheese, sausage and lake or river fish.