The two cog railways from Vitznau (Europe’s first cog railway back in 1871) and Goldau, together with the panorama cable car from Weggis, make the journey up the mountain alone a truly unforgettable experience.
Covering around 90 km2, this car-free holiday and recreation area with 120 km of well signposted hiking trails is perfect for walks and mountain hikes. The magnificent Alpine flora and unique views of the lakes and mountains will delight every hiker. Guests can watch incomparable sunrises on the Rigi and linger on the sun terraces of many hotels and restaurants. There are also rustic-style covered barbecue sites (“Gruebis”) for a cosy picnic from your rucksack.
In winter, the view of the vast sea of fog becomes a unique experience. 35 km of groomed winter hiking trails, four toboggan runs and ski pistes offer everything for the perfect winter's day. There are also three signposted snowshoe trails from Rigi Kulm. Other facilities include ski and snowboard courses, night skiing and tobogganing, guided snowshoe tours, the “Pinocchio” kids' play areas on Rigi First, Rigi Staffel, Rigi Scheidegg, Rigi Burggeist and Seebodenalp as well as a natural ice rink. Winter on the Rigi – experience the magic of nature in its most romantic form.
- Sunrise Rides – every Sunday from June to September, visitors enjoy sunrise cable car rides from Goldau to Rigi Kulm. Experience a magnificent sunrise (accompanied by the moving sounds of the Alphorn) at Rigi Kulm. A delicious breakfast on Rigi Staffel concludes the experience.
- Nostalgic steam show – presented of Sundays in July and August with history steeped Rigi-rail locomotives that take you up the steep mountain climb.
- Dinner in a floating restaurant – every Saturday from July to September, the panoramic aerial cable car Weggis – Rigi Kaltbad is transformed into a romantic floating restaurant. Enjoy an unforgettable adventure at a lofty height, surrounded by a breathtaking panorama.
- Candlelight Night Spa – an exceptional experience. On the last Saturday of every month, the Mineral Baths & Spa open from 8 pm to 11 pm.
- Tobogganing by Night – tobogganing under a full moon. Fun to the max – on the breathtaking run down from Rigi Kulm to Rigi Staffel.
- Skiing by the Full Moon – winter experience for guests of all ages from all countries: ski over the Seebodenalp under starry skies.
- An evening of pure majesty – nostalgic trip by saloon carriage with royal aperitif, superb panoramic views at sunset, a uniquely tranquil evening mood and superb supper – this attractive package presents the Queen of Mountains from a different perspective.
- Rigi Railways Fondue Trips – unforgettable fondue pleasure! The heated nostalgic carriage climbs to 1800 meters above sea level by moonlight. The unique evening mood on the mountain and a tasty Rigi cheese fondue: a perfect experience.
- Wrestling and Mountain Festival – the wrestlers, alpine farmers and dairymen celebrate a traditional festival on the Rigi. Local wrestlers compete and test their strength in magnificent natural surroundings. Besides wrestling, other alpine games such as rock throwing, finger wrestling (“Hägglen“), pole climbing and racing take place.
- Rigi Dixie and Swing Weekend – on three days a handful of exquisite bands will set the mood with eclectic music for your listening pleasure. The evening jam sessions are legendary.
- Rigi Lounge Cinema – enjoy superb cinema entertainment in an exclusive lounge with a menu of several courses (March - April).
- Rigi Music Days – at up to 1600 meters above sea level, excellent chamber music is performed during Rigi's Music Days (July).
- International Rigi Mountain Run – 11.3 km (height difference: 1380 m). The yearly international mountain run from Arth to Rigi Kulm attracts many competitors (August).
- Rigi Kaltbad Chilbi – Rigi's traditional country fair offers entertaining games, culinary specialities and music. Fun and games for all the family (September).