And if you are bringing very small children with you, there are numerous hiking routes specially suited for buggies and prams, enabling you simply to enjoy being at one with nature. Children's hearts start beating faster at the Toggenburg holiday paradise, located in the eastern part of Switzerland. The resorts Wildhaus, Unterwasser and Alt St. Johann go to great lengths to ensure their guests - youngsters and adults alike - feel comfortable and happy.
A dense network of hiking trails covers the region. Among the trails is the multiple-day Toggenburg Mountain Tour extending for 87 kilometers from Wildhaus to Wil. Shorter theme-trails such as the Sound Trail, the Thur Trail, the Necki Path, or the Saga Trail, as well as Nordic Walking routes invite you to discover Toggenburg by foot. A barefoot walk on the educational moor trail around the high moor of Rietbach near Krummenau lets you discover rare plants and is balm for body and soul. The hilly topography attracts mountainbikers as well. For these, Toggenburg offers 18 sign-posted routes, between 13 and 44 kilometers long. Numerous mountain lakes (Gräppelensee, Schönenbodensee and the Schwendi Lakes) attract swimmers.
You will find the largest winter sports resort in eastern Switzerland only one hour away from the airport and Zurich. 20 ski lift systems and cable railways will ease your ascent into the widely varied skiing and snowboarding area up to a height of 2262 metres above sea level. There you will find over 50 km of pistes waiting to be explored. One particularly memorable experience is skiing on the Chäserrugg under the full moon.
And anyone looking for relaxation away from the slopes can enjoy 35 km of groomed and marked winter rambling paths as well as 50 km of wonderfully laid out cross-country ski trails. You can also savour the peace and wonders of nature on a snowshoe tour through the snow-covered winter landscape. And if you find even this too energetic, then you can sit back and have yourself spoiled in one of our welcoming restaurants.
Fascinating natural experience world for the whole family: Donkey rides, lama trekking, wildlife observation, hikes in search of fungi, sound trail and well prepared paths for prams. Practical offers such as kid’s material for rent, babysitting service and toy library. Creative kid’s program with animation and Snowland for young skiers and snowboarders in winter.
- Sound Trail from Alt St. Johann to Unterwasser - one of a kind sound stations with “rock sounds” and “sound mills” invite you to experiment and play with noise, sounds and your own voice.
- Toggenburg Saga Trail from Alt St. Johann to Alp Sellamatt - multifaceted hiking trail with impressive sagas, that also can be hiked in winter.
- Thur Water Falls near Unterwasser - witness an impressive natural spectacle when the Säntis Thur gushes in two high waterfalls over the rocks.
- Chäserrugg - Vantage point and ski mountain in Upper Toggenburg (2263m) near Unterwasser with a beautiful panorama.
- Hobby Train Lichtensteig - Europe’s highest Hobby Railway running on a circular track over an area of 500 square meters .
- Säntis - with 2501 meters the highest mountain in the Alpstein Range and Eastern Switzerland’s most beautiful vantage point between Toggenburg, the Rhine Valley and Lake Constance.
Am Freitag ist alles anders im Toggenburg: Für 60 km Pisten bezahlen Sie jeden Freitag nur CHF 39.- statt CHF 57.- für die Tageskarte. Und nicht nur das: Auch die 2- und 3-Tageskarten sind verbilligt, in den Happy Friday Hotels gibt es zusätzlich 30 Prozent Rabatt auf die Freitagsübernachtung und spezielle Happy Weekend Pauschalen. Zudem warten Happy Friday Mittagsmenüs am Berg für CHF 15.-, Live-Konzerte, Gourmet-Events und noch viele weitere Attraktionen auf Sie. Klingt gut, oder? www.happyfriday.ch
The news presented here is provided and updated by regional/local tourist offices, which is why Switzerland Tourism is unable to guarantee the correctness of the contents.
SBB RailAway leisure shop
Combined offer: journey using public transport and leisure offer (also for existing tickets) to Toggenburg