Do you like discovering new things? A wealth of fascinating cultural experiences await you. Among the must-see sites is the Grand-St-Bernard pass – with its hospice and dogs – that will immerse you in the legend of this land of hospitality and spirituality.
Another of the region's attractions is the chance to explore all manner of culinary delights, including famous local specialities such as the famous Bagnes raclette cheese, spiced up with flavours from more distant lands. And finally, be sure not to miss the thrilling international events punctuating the season, particularly the Verbier Festival with its incomparable array of artists.
In summer, take advantage of the 950 km of signposted trails to enjoy hikes that will lead you to mountain peaks, or else opt for the gentler, family-friendly paths. Cycling enthusiasts will also revel in a chance to experience the Tour de France route or to discover the marked mountain-bike trails.
To discover the “queens of the mountains” – the famous Hérens cows – the famous rituals known as inalpes (leading the cows up to the alpine pastures) and désalpes (leading them down again) are truly magical traditional experiences.
Verbier is a winter sports paradise with the Four Valleys ski area providing 410 km of pistes suited to all levels; as well as a natural terrain that is particularly suited to off-piste skiing. The surrounding family resorts, grouped under the Ski St-Bernard label, offer some great alternatives. From snowshoeing, to cross-country skiing and tobogganing, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in this unspoiled natural setting.
- Four Valleys, Switzerland's largest ski area
- Mont-Fort, a glacier perched at an altitude of 3,300 metres and its black (very tough) piste, highestpoint of the Four Valleys ski area
- Six family resorts grouped under a single Ski St-Bernard pass
- A dense network of snowshoeing trails, high-quality cross-country skiing trails and the longest sledding slope in Western Switzerland!
- 950 km of signposted footpaths, particularly in the Haut Val de Bagnes and Combe de l'A nature conservation areas
- Verbier Festival, 17 days of music with a line-up of exceptional soloists
- The 5 spectacular downhill tracks of the bikepark