In winter, the extraordinary skiing region offers limitless pleasure for advanced skiers from all over the world as well as for beginners. In summer, mountainbike and hiking enthusiasts can choose from among numerous marked trails. The alpine village has countless activities in store for families, senior citizens and young people alike: paragliding, heliski, sledding, golf, museums, and local produce to try.
Over 500 km of signposted trails guide hiking aficionados across the Verbier heights and the Val de Bagnes. Seasoned hikers can set out to discover classic routes such as the Tour du Val de Bagnes and Tour des Combins. Mountain-bike enthusiasts will find plenty of itineraries – no less than 826 km – and a bike park. The region also offers various other leisure pursuits: 2 golf courses, climbing routes, an adventure park, paragliding and many activities besides. One attraction not to be missed: the climb to the summit of Mont-Fort, with sweeping views from the Matterhorn to Mont Blanc.
As soon as the first snow falls, Verbier becomes a mecca for winter sports enthusiasts. The "4 Valleys" ski zone − with no less than 410 km of ski runs and over 89 ski lifts – embraces five resorts: Verbier, Nendaz, Veysonnaz, Thyon and La Tzoumaz. A cable car takes skiers to the summit of Mont-Fort (altitude: 3330 m), from where the descent is one of the most superb "black runs" in the Alps.
Non-skiers can also enjoy the winter countryside on a snowshoe walk, by taking the hiking trails or launching out on the longest toboggan run in the French-speaking region of Switzerland (length: 10 km). The resort of Verbier is known to ski tourers as a staging-post on the "Haute Route" from Chamonix to Zermatt.
- Mont-Fort – glacier at 3330 m and the highest point in this ski resort, with a breathtaking view.
- Mont-Gelé – situated at an altitude of 3023 m, accessible by cable car from Les Attelas, one of the famous departure points for some spectacular off-slope skiing.
- Protected nature landscapes of the Haut Val de Bagnes – the second largest natural reserve of Switzerland covering 150 km2. Visit the Mauvoisin arch dam, the highest in Europe (250 m) and its theme trail, and enjoy the splendid view of the Mauvoisin lake and its steep waterfalls.
- The Bagnes AOP cheese and other regional products – learn about the production of the Bagnes cheese and taste a traditional Raclette AOC at the end of the day. Buy a Corbeille d’Entremont basket filled with various delicacies: AOC rye bread, Entremont sausages, air-dried meat, Entremont honey, and much more to entice your palate! Don’t miss out on the autumn event: Bagnes, the Raclette Capital.
- Swatch Xtreme Verbier by The North Face – the world’s top freeriders demonstrate their skills at dizzy heights on slopes, rocky cliffs and in narrow gorges (March).
- Glacier Patrol – this bi-annual high alpine world competition is a real challenge for all participants and runs from Zermatt or Arolla to Verbier (April).
- Verbier Festival & Academy – many big names in classical music gather at this festival to share their skill with young talents from all over the world (July/August).
SBB RailAway leisure shop
Combined offer: journey using public transport and leisure offer (also for existing tickets) to Verbier