The cable car runs year-round and in the five guesthouses in the mountains regional specialties are enjoyed at any time of the year as too.
A hiking area with easy to demanding tours and theme trails such as Hexenweg witches trail or the Kneipp path await visitors here. At the mountain station you also find an adventure playground with small-animals zoo along with a 535 meter-long summer toboggan run.
In winter, snowshoeing lures guests to the great outdoors -together with skiing, snowboarding, sledding or winter hiking. And guided snowshoe treks followed by heart-warming fondue - or trips with a special fondue sleigh are yet another great offer.
- Summer toboggan – what sounds like distant thunder soon turns out to be toboggans hurtling down the 535-m-long tin toboggan run.
- Owl trail by the Restaurant Waldegg – a unique chance to watch tawny owls, barn owls and Siberian eagle-owls up close.
- Witch-path – in the footsteps of Wirzwelihexe witch Lizi. Theme path for children as of 4 years.
- Hergiswil glass-blowing glassworks – in Switzerland's only glassworks where glass is still processed by hand, visitors can experience this fascinating craft for themselves.
- Witches hike – and time to learn legends and stories told of the Wirzweli witch (June to August).
- Wirzweli-Bergchilbi (fun fair in the mountains) – with yodeling and plenty of folklore and fun-fair fun by the mountain station (September).