The vacation destinations of Bürchen, Embd, Törbel, Unterbäch and Zeneggen, which are part of the Moosalp Region, are in the heart of Upper Valais. The villages are easily accessible by public or private transport from the Rhone Valley as well as from the Vordere Vispertal (entrance to the Visper Valley).
Although the region has a well-established tourism infrastructure, the original charm of the landscape and the flair of the typical Valaisian mountain villages have been preserved.
Green forests, lush meadows, mountains and hills, dairy farms, cows, sheep and goats are encountered every step of the way. In addition, there is a magnificent panorama, peace and quiet, and the proverbial Valaisian sun. All this is enhanced by 500 kilometers of marked hiking trails, 70 kilometers of mountain bike paths, Nordic walking trails, a variety of themed routes, a fast descent with Monstertrottis (scooters), and much more.
When the first snowflakes fall, the Moosalp Region changes into a unique winter wonderland. Skiers and snowboarders persue their hobby on 45 kilometers of piste, hikers have 35 kilometers of winter hiking routes to choose from, and snowshoers have 7 marked trails at their disposal. Fun sports such as sledding and a Fun Park for snowboarders round out the offerings.
- Suonen and Sudelpark (Puddle Park), 2,000 square meters and 15 elements along the Suonen (canals) explain the operation of the old water conduits. In the Puddle Park children can play with water to their heart’s content.
- Women’s Quotation Trail (Frauenzitatenweg). On this trail one can read words of wisdom from women around the world. (In Unterbäch women voted for the first time in Switzerland in 1957).
- “Alpuschnaager" – Riding a snowcat to the Moos Alp is an adventure for the entire family.
- Brandalp-Blitz – Fast descent on a crawler vehicle with one skid.
- Yaks in Embd – Did you ever think you would meet a Yak in the Moosalp Region? On the Yak Trail and the Yak-Farm you’ll get to know these local animals up close and personal.
- Certified cowhirts – Spend a day as cowhirt in the midst of hundreds of cows and go home with a certificate.
- Boozo-Descent – public downhill race with funny disguises (February)
- Zäpfuräägu Fäscht – Bürchner adventure hike and village festival (July)
- Alpine Festival – Traditional festival and folklore parade on the Moosalp (July)
- Moosalp Market – Sale of local specialties (August)
- Embder Cheer – Culinary Hike (August)