An impressive mountain panorama frames the lake landscape around the Corvatsch (3,303 meters) with the highest lying mountain station of the Eastern Alps. Hikers in the summer as well as skiers and snowboarders in the winter enjoy Silvaplana’s local mountain.
The three regions Silvaplana, Champfèr and Surlej radiate a lively charm and possess not only diverse recreational facilities but also varied hotel and gastronomy offerings.
Water sports fans are attracted to Lake Silvaplan, where wind- and kite-surfers as well as sailors enjoy one of the best wind- and kite-surfing areas in Europe thanks to the continuous and powerful Maloja wind. Every summer a large number of renowned water-sport events take place, such as the surfing spectacle “Engadine Wind” (Engadinwind), the Engadine Surf Marathon or the Swiss Optimist Sailing Championship. Mountain bikers and hikers find innumerable opportunities to make their endophines soar. If you prefer an introspective experience, get a fishing rod and go fishing.
The Corvatsch is a local mountain with innumerable opportunities for winter sports: 120 kilometers of pistes, 23 descents and Switzerland’s longest illuminated nightime descent. For that reason and also because it is a paradise for snowkiters, Silvaplana has become a meeting place for winter sports fans. Since the spectacular sport was invented on the frozen Silvaplana Lake, trend seeking sports enthusiasts from all over the world await the Maloja wind, which starts blowing punctually like a Swiss clock at midday. The Lake District and the snowed-over Swiss stone pine forests beckon you to take long strolls. Two hundred kilometers of well-prepared cross-country ski tracks make Silvaplana a cross-country skiing Eldorado. Ice-skating, snowshoe tours and an ice-rink with facilities for curling guarantee pure winter fun.
- Segantini-Museum – dedicated to the painter Giovanni Segantini who spent the final five years of his life in the Engadine.
- Nietzsche House Sils in Engadin – permanent exhibition about Nietzsche and temporary modern art displays.
- Engadine Snow (Engadinsnow) – freestyle-contest at the Corvatsch with the world’s best snowboarders and freeskiers (January/February).
- Engadine Wind – at the oldest wind surf regatta, windsurfing, kitesurfing and sailing athletes compete against each other (August).
- Engadin Bike Giro: Die erste Austragung des 3-tägigen Mountainbike Etappenrennens, bei dem sich Profis wie auch Hobbysportler treffen und die insgesamt rund 5500 Höhenmeter hinter sich lassen.
- Engadiner Sommerlauf: Kurze und lange Strecken für Laufbegeisterte
- - Play Engadin Music Festival: Ein neuartiger Event der Sport, Musik und Kunst vereint.
- - Engadin Snow Golf by Maserati: Ende Januar wird ein 9-Loch Golfplatz rund um Surlej exklusiv für 4 Tage reines Wintergolf-Vergnügen hergestellt.
- - Audi FIS Alpine Ski World Cup 2017, Corviglia, St. Moritz