Certified by ICOMOS
Around 1550 Bernese craftsmen constructed the main building. They used much of the material from the monastery, which had been destroyed during the Vaudoise invasion in 1536. From 1600 onward it was used as the residence of the bailiff’s administrators. The building received its present form during the extensive reconstruction in the last twenty years of the 17th century. House Junod, which was rebuilt as a bakery in 1842, as well as a carpenter’s workshop adjacent to the Nozon River, has been part of the building since 1917. In 1970, the Surer Family converted the apartments in House Junod into six hotel rooms.
Michel Blanc, owner of the hotel since 2002, is dedicated to restoring the main building where the common rooms and a splendid guest room are located. Especially noteworthy are the entrance, the salon and the breakfast room with a single large table where all guests are seated for breakfast, as well as the window and the tiled stoves. Three additional rooms will shortly be reconstructed and equipped with bathrooms, while great care will be taken to preserve the building’s historic substance and ambiance. The six rooms in the annex are harmoniously furnished with antiques and time-honored furniture that were collected with great love and dedication. Thanks to the garden that adjoins the castle and borders the river, the building radiates charm and serenity.